Monday, April 16, 2012

Time Management Is Key

Time management is key especially to those of us that try to be gentle on our environment. Not only do we have the normal busy day - house chores, work, school work, pets, dinner, and laundry- but we have to find the time to make up our own cleaning solutions and find ways to complete our busy day with the environment in mind.

How to get it all done you ask?! Invest in a calendar and daily planner!!!!!!!! 


My Handy Dandy Planner with a monthly and daily section.
Once equipped with this powerful little planner you will rule the world...your world that is. The key is to ACTUALLY USE IT!!! It takes practice if you aren't use to using one but do it! Use it for everything. My life has been so much less complicated because of this little investment (which cost a dollar at the Dollar Store). And, as you can see I color code as well. Color coding took some time to get use to but now I see Orange and automatically know it is school or I see green and know it is work. It really helps for knowing what is ahead at a glance especially if you misplace those glasses...a lot...like me.

I schedule my classes, my work hours, my social gatherings, and even my chores. This way my Saturdays aren't spent doing chores I didn't get to during the week. A list I go by for doing chores are below. Feel free to use it and share it.
  • Mondays - Bathroom(s)
  • Tuesdays - Floors (every floor in the entire house and sweep/vacuum and mop them)
  • Wednesdays - Dust (the entire house! Dust every hard surface you can find. I use a microfiber cloth with no polish because it isn't necessary)
  • Thursdays - Kitchen (whatever needs to be done. It could be to clean the fridge or re-organize the pantry. Find something that needs to be clean or re-organized and do it.)
  • Fridays - Bedrooms (all of them - do the sheets, the drapes/curtains, the closets, etc. Whatever needs to be done)
  • Saturdays - Pets/Outside (I groom my dogs if they need it -bathe, nails, brush. I also give the chinchilla cage a good scrubbing and let them enjoy some free time out of the cage.) Cut/rake the lawn etc.
  • Sundays are your day to do whatever you want or need.
I do the laundry when I do the bathroom(s) and the bedrooms because hampers are located in both rooms. Since I've adopted this new chore schedule my home has been running smoothly.

The planner is the way to go. I no longer feel overwhelmed with appointments, due dates, and deadlines. And, now that I schedule my house chores in too everything is evenly distributed and I have plenty of time to mix up some vinegar and baking soda (or whatever the solution is) to tackle my chores with.

No comments:

Post a Comment